The Rosebud Episcopal Mission was established in 1875 on the Rosebud Sioux Reservation in south-central South Dakota, the home of the Sicangu Lakota Oyate (The Burnt Thigh Nation). Part of the Diocese of South Dakota, the Rosebud Mission has 10 active congregations.
The Rosebud Episcopal Mission (East), under the leadership of The Rev. Annie Henninger, are:
The Rosebud Episcopal Mission (West), under the leadership of The Rev. Dr. Lauren R. Stanley, are:
Church of Jesus, Rosebud
The Mother Church of the Lakota People on the Rosebud
St. Paul’s, Norris
St. Thomas, Corn Creek
St. Philip and St. James, White River, worshipping at St. James Chapel at the Bishop Hare Center, Mission.
• The Rt. Rev. John Tarrant, Bishop of the Diocese of South Dakota
• The Rev. Dr. Lauren R. Stanley (Western side)
• The Rev. Annie Henninger (Eastern side)
• The Rev. Webster Two Hawk (White River, retired).